2016’s Strangest Sick Day Excuses
I've heard some ridiculous sick day excuses before, but these take the cake. Literally, since one woman actually didn't go to work because she ate too much cake.
Is it sad that I read Career Builder's list of the weirdest sick day excuses and thought to myself "Yeah, these excuses are pretty crazy, but they do sound legit". I mean, could the person who ate cat food instead of tuna probably have made it to work? Yes, definitely. Wanna know how I know that? Because, I ate cat food once and nothing happened. Go ahead, judge away.
Take a peek at a few of my favorite sick day excuses from Career Builder's list and check out even more on their website.
- Someone said they accidentally ate cat food instead of tuna and got sick.
- A woman called in and said SHE wasn't sick, but her llama was.
- A woman claimed she used Nair on her armpits . . . ended up with chemical burns . . . and couldn't put her arms down.
- Someone said they couldn't come in because they ate too much birthday cake.
- An employee claimed they had to stay home, because they got bitten by a duck.
Alright, so now that we've seen some pretty insane excuses I'm going to tell you all some of the ridiculous things that have happened to me in my life that caused me to miss work.
- I ran into a dog crate and had to go to the emergency room to get stitches.
- I found a bat in my room and had to get rabies shots.
- My dog got his, umm, "junk" stuck in an awkward position and had to be rushed to the vet.
I'm pretty sure there are more, but those are the one's that come to mind when I think about how bizarre my life is. But, come on, I know someone else has to have a crazy sick day story! What's yours?