Chipotle Has Given Us All The Ultimate Cinco de Mayo Present – Their Guacamole Recipe!
You can't properly celebrate Cinco de Mayo without a huge heaping of guacamole, and lucky for us Chipotle has shared their recipe with us!
I am a recovering Chipotle addict and a large part of my addiction is due to their guacamole. It's perfection! It's smooth and creamy with just the right amount of guac chunks and all around delicious flavor. And now, you can enjoy the magical taste of Chipotle guacamole any time you want! Yeah, I know, you just heard angels singing when I said that. Seriously though, you pick up some limes and cilantro, I'll grab the avocados and everything else -- let's make some guacamole!
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup shredded onion
- 1/2 chopped jalapeno, including seeds
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Once you have all the ingredients, and you're ready to get our guac on, here's what you'll need to do:
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.